Have you ever heard that one Archery phrase, “I don’t wear bows, I shoot them!” That phrase makes no sense at all because I wear bows and shoot them too. My name is Adara, also known as the girl with the hair bow. Every NASP® tournament I go to; I wear one of those big cheerleading bows in my hair.
If you walked up to one of my friends at a NASP® tournament and asked them to describe me, they would mention my bows. If you ever need to find me at a NASP® tournament, just look for the big hair bow.
A hair bow isn’t the only bow I can rock. I am pretty ‘bow’–dacious with a Genesis compound bow.
I have been in the NASP® program for three years now and just started my fourth year of archery. In my archery career, I have medaled over seventeen times in the top 3 placements. I even placed 3rd at the Missouri State IBO/3D NASP® Tournament last year.
My first tournament I scored a 203 on the Bullseye target face. Most recently I shot a personal record of 277. I am great at Bullseye, but I rock 3D more. My first tournament in 3D was a 176, and my most recent personal record is a 282.
In 2020, I planned to shoot at both the State and National tournaments until they were canceled by the Corona Virus pandemic. Last year, I shot at the NASP® Championship in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Hopefully, my scores will continue to excel within the next year.
I have a bunch of amazing goals for this archery year:
- I want to reach a score of 290 by the end of season in either 3D or Bullseye.
- I want to be a leader for my teammates on the junior high team. I can be a leader by inspiring everyone to do their best and find archery as fun as I do.
- I am going to be as positive as I can, even when I shoot bad or have had a rough day.
- I am looking forward to going to NASP Championships in Louisville, KY because I know I will make it.
- My last goal is to continue to wear my awesome bows and shoot it too, but most importantly have fun!
-Adara A. is a 2022 student contributor. Watch for her future submissions.-