2018 NASP® Educator and Coaches Conference
Registration opens for the 2018 NASP® Educator and Coaches Conference on January 2, 2018. The conference will be July 27-28, 2018 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton of Lexington Kentucky. Attendees of the 2016 Educator and Coaches Conference recommended all presentation topics offered in concurrent sessions. Each session will be provided by experienced NASP® educators and coaches. This conference is truly designed by NASP® coaches for NASP® coaches!
Session Titles include: In-Depth NASP® 11 Steps; String Bow and Target Panic; Conditioning and Fitness; Equipment Maintenance; Running an Effective Practice; Coaching the Beginning Archer; Coaching the Advanced Archer; Travel tips; Coaching Common Shooter Mistakes; Running an effective Tournament; Coaching Kids Prior To and During a Tournament; Scoring Room Tips; Building a district-wide Program; and others!
The Early bird registration rate of $209 is available online through June 1st and includes all sessions, snacks and lunches. Registration for the 2018 NASP® Educator and Coaches Conference will be offered by The Kentucky Association of School Administrators and the link to register will be repeatedly advertised.
After June 1, 2018 – Online Registration is offered at: $279 through July 20th. After July 20th, online registration will end, and will be limited to on-site only. Attendees can register and pay by credit card at the conference site registration booth on the 27th at a rate of $359. Register early to get the best rate!
For attendees that may have family or friends staying with them, the opportunity to purchase additional lunches for non-conference guests is available during the registration process for Friday and Saturday. However, individual paid conference registrations include snacks and lunch for both days.
Hotel Registration will be a separate process, and for 2018, NASP® is proud to partner with the Embassy Suites by Hilton of Lexington. NASP® has reserved special pricing for a reserved block of rooms for the conference. A complimentary cooked to order breakfast is included daily for registered hotel guests. Wi-Fi and parking are complimentary. The hotel also offers complimentary cocktails & snacks from 5:30pm – 7:30pm for registered guests each day. Hilton Hotel Registration Booking also opens January 2, 2018
NASP® selects Session Titles for
2018 Educator and Coaches Conference
The National Archery in the Schools Program is proud to present the topics that have been selected for concurrent sessions at the 2018 NASP® Educator and Coaches Conference. These sessions were selected based on survey feedback from the attendees of the 2016 NASP® Educator and Coaches Conference.
For more information and to register for the 2018 conference, please visit: https://www.naspschools.org/about/news/event/2018-educators-conference
- NASP® 11 Steps Mastery
- Shooting the bow, String Bow & Target Panic
- Equipment Maintenance
- Running an effective tournament
- Coaching the beginning archer
- Coaching the advanced archer
- Home and back – traveling tips to and from tournaments with teams
- Grade level specific coaching techniques
- Coaching mixed groups of archers – age/experience
- Coaching common shooter mistakes
- Coaching kids prior to and during a tournament
- Effective practice techniques
- From the scoring room – Tech tips for a smooth tournament
- Academic Archer in your school/district
- Post-secondary archery opportunities
- Introducing the NASP® IBO 3 D Challenge
- Team building tips
- Honest Archer – Coaching tips on integrity, honesty, and sportsmanship
- Tips on working with parents, administrators, and volunteers
- Adaptive Archery tips
- Round Table Discussion – Q & A from the floor to panel of presenters