Step 3: With administrator approval, register educators and volunteers who will instruct archery.
BAI certification was developed for instructors in every participating school to present NASP® lessons that are safe for students, instructors, bystanders, and the facility. Instructors will be taught how to set-up and operate a safe NASP® range.
No previous archery experience required!
Basic Archery Instructor Certification
- NASP® Overview
- Range Set-up
- Determining Eye Dominance
- Making & Fitting a String Bow
- Eleven Steps to Archery Success
- Coaching Positions
- CPR: Compliment, Positive Correction & Review
- Managing Disruptive Students
- Safety Orientation
- Running the Range
- Bow Maintenance
- Arrow Maintenance
Requirements to stay active
- Instructors must annually conduct and report 10 hours of NASP® instruction
- Schools must annually offer and report at least 10 hours of in-school instruction
Traditional vs Hybrid
BAI classes are managed by state coordinators. Schedules and class types will vary by state.
Traditional: 8 hour in-person certification class that goes over all topics in full.
Hybrid: 4 hour online and 4 hour in-person range day. The in-person session will review the online materials and then complete the hands-on portion.